The Miss Universe Organization today announced a catalytic change reflecting the Organization’s commitment to working with individuals who have an invested interest in supporting the contestants and titleholders throughout the competition and beyond. For the first time ever, Miss USA will be chosen by a selection committee comprised of female entrepreneurs, business leaders, and industry experts—including former Miss USA contestants—offering a depth of expertise, insight and sustained commitment previously unavailable from one-off telecast judges.
The committee’s diverse perspectives and industry knowledge will help The Miss Universe Organization to determine the woman who will become integral to the ongoing growth and evolution of the company as a spokesperson for the brand.
This year’s Miss USA selection committee includes:
- Jamie Kern Lima
- Entrepreneur, co-founder, and CEO of It Cosmetics, one of the most successful brands on QVC; Miss Washington USA 2000.
- Denise White
- Founder and CEO of EAG Sports Management, one of the most powerful and influential sports management and PR/crisis management firms of professional sports; Miss Oregon USA 1994.
- Lilliana VazquezEmmy® Award-winning host and producer, TODAY show contributor and style expert.
- Crystle Stewart
- Television host, model, and actress; founder of MISS Academy (Manners, Image, Style, and Success), an organization committed to translating traditional values through pop culture; Miss USA 2008.
- Natasha CurryAward-winning television host and news anchor; Miss Washington USA 1998.